Here's what we get up to on the Farm!
The Hahndorf Farm Barn is a unique combination of a children's farmyard and a nature wildlife park that has been designed so that people of all ages can closely interact with a wide variety of tame and friendly animals.
You'll notice the show times and pony riding times below are structured so there is always something different to do on the farm and you can experience everything without missing a single thing! Of course animal feeding inside the barn and outside in the wildlife park happens all day so you can take as much time as you like and visit these animals whenever you like!
- Attend the interactive Farm Shows at 11am and 2.30pm every day - say hello to 'Billie' the alpaca and learn about where milk comes from - this is when you get to try your hand at milking.
- Attend the interactive Wildlife & Reptile Show at 12.30pm on weekends, public and school holidays - check out the reptiles and wildlife in their enclosures, then up close and personal during the show! See or even hold lizards and pythons if you dare!
- Milk a Cow - try your hand at milking 'Daisy' during one of the two farm shows every day of the week.
- Enjoy our Pony Rides - with 'Bonnie' our beautiful Shetland pony. Pony rides at 11.30am to 12.30pm and again at 1-2.30pm
- Cuddle Rabbits - so cute and placid, but try a tug of war with a big piece of carrot, the bunnies will probably win!!
- Cuddle Guinea Pigs - our most popular furry friends, they love carrots too!
- Bottle Feed Baby Lambs - even the goats and calves can get a bottle or two!
- Hold Baby Chicks - even see them hatching from their egg!
- Feed the animals in our 3 acre Wildlife Park. Hand feed 'Phoebe' the fawn, feed the emus and ostriches, ducks and geese, meet 'Panda', 'Girlie' and 'Rocky' the Miniature ponies, feed the kangaroos and also 'Jack' and 'Jenny' our new donkeys. And what about a potato or two for 'Ben Hur' the 1100kg bull!
- Talk to our Feathered Friends - see our new barn owls and kookaburras in our newly built enclosures, talk with 'Jaws' & 'Bob', the cockatoos.
- Refreshments and Gift Shop - we have a selection of refreshments for you to enjoy here on the farm, and local produce and gifts for you to take home to remember your visit.
- Picnics and BBQs - we have picnic areas with BBQ's so you can bring your own supplies and enjoy a fabulous family lunch on your visit. Or just bring a picnic and sit at one of the many tables and enjoy your lunch.
If you would like to ask us a question please go to our enquiry form.