The Hahndorf Farm Barn is a very popular destination for school visits. The students always enjoy the interaction with the baby animals and the "hands on" approach to learning about life on the farm. The barn and picnic areas are under cover so it's an ideal activity for schools - come rain or shine!
- Arrive about 10.00am for recess;
- Come into the barn for an introduction to the animals;
- Now it's bottle-feeding the baby lambs and goats, holding chicks, feeding carrots to rabbits and guinea pigs;
- Around 11:00am the bell rings to start the show with 'Daisy' the cow. Every one has the opportunity to try their hand at milking - even the teachers! Then it's time to watch how farmers do it nowadays with the milking machine;
- Next, there's a trip out to the Wildlife Park to feed the kangaroos, emus, ostriches, deer, Miniature ponies, donkeys, and our new camels called 'Lulu' and 'Sacha';
- Now it's about lunchtime;
- After lunch it's time to see the new wildlife & reptile show! Learn about our native wildlife species, their habitats and a bit about snake safety. Get up close and personal with the lizards, hold the python if you dare!
- Sadly, it's time to go back to school around 1.30pm.
Our brand new Schools Information Pack will be offered to you as soon as you book! Upon booking your excursion, teachers will be given password access to our information back. The pack not only runs you through what will happen on the day or your excursion but also provides you with curriculum related material to help you plan your unit of study!
Here's what one happy school had to say recently... "I would like to congratulate you on a most wonderful school visit programme that you have provided for our students. The teachers were impressed with the smooth running of the day and especially enjoyed the children's ability to interact with the animals. The units of work provided online link well with our 'Life Cycles' unit of inquiry that the students are currently engaged in, making a successful overall learning experience. Credit to you all. Many thanks." L. Greiger, Belair Schools.
|Admission Prices for School Visits (inc. GST)|
|Teachers/Carers 1:6 or 1:8 based on your group||Free of Charge|
|All other adults||$10.00|
* Payment on the day of your visit is required and you will be issued an invoice before your visit.
For further information please contact Naomi or Nick Duncan by Phone (08) 8388 7289. If you would like to ask a question please go to our booking enquiry form.
Educational - Entertaining - Great Fun!